- To handle and/or supervise all safety, including health awareness at site/HQ in accordance to the Occupational Operational Safety and Health Act (OSHA 1994-Act 514), Factories and Machinery Act (BOWEC Regulation) 1996 and any related updated of OSH legislation.
- To take proactive steps to ensure all related personnel, including workers is complying with Safety requirement at site/HQ either in verbal advice or written notice.
- To implement all procedures and practices as stipulated in the company’s policy including Safety.
- To provide assistance for safety before & during internal/external’s audit by ensuring all related documents at site is updated from time to time.
- To avoid Corruption/bribery in any management process.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- To promote a safe conduct of work.
- To assist the Company in developing the safety policies in compliance with the OSH & FMA act & its regulations and consistent with the vision and safety objectives of the Company.
- To review and monitor latest legal and other compliance and to update accordingly.
- To inform Management Representative (MR) via written notification.
- To actively work with MR on compliance issues and prevention measures.
- To attend internal and external auditor’s queries.
- Responsible for implementing the requirements of the Safety Management System (site and
- To promote a high level Safety Management System awareness.
- Take pro-active measures to identify hazards, assess the risk and then implement suitable control measures to eliminate all dangers.
- To ensure subcontractors comply to the requirements of the Safety Management System which outlined their responsibilities and commitments.
- Review all HIRARC and Job Hazard Analysis before its execution.
- Maintain pertinent information on Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and to ensure the relevant communication information is distributed to the responsible party.
- Ensure first aid facility and welfare facilities for workers are in good condition.
- Coordinate with Sub-Contractor on training courses where appropriate for any unfamiliar or hazardous operations being introduced onto the project and ensure the safety awareness remains high at all times.
- Review Safety Management System in order to introduce improvement and amendments as to reflect the changes work situation and progress at site.
- To conduct site safety inspection and recommend corrective action for unsafe act of workers and rectification for unsafe condition in all workplaces by submitting written report to HQ.
- To submit a Monthly Safety Report and Safety Statistic record for DOSH and HQ record;
- Compile and submit NADOOPOD, JKKP 8, Monthly Safety & Health Report to relevant parties involved (Internal/External).
- Liaise with the DOSH, Police and other relevant government agencies with regard to health, safety and security matters affecting workers.
- To observe and/or maintain a diary detailing safety activity(s), hazardous works, housekeeping, safety instruction, etc. in place.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, relevant stakeholders and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by superior.
- Valid Green Book holder registered with the Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH)
- Minimum two (2) years experience at site and/or assignment exposure
- Familiar with standard concepts and best practices for construction/substation/environment for both safety and administration
- Good writing and verbal communication skills both in Bahasa and English.
- Have knowledge on:-
- OSH Legislations,
- Occupational Risk Assessment,
- Preparation of Safe Operating Procedure,
- Monitoring the effectiveness of control measures,
- Encouraging worker’s participation,
- Continuously improving to ensure sustained compliance to OSH Law
- Keen intention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Skills to operate common office/site equipment.
- Valid driving license.
- Work irregular hours to accomplish urgent shipment and/or pending assignments, when requested.
- RM6,000.00 – RM7,000.00 (monthly remuneration subject to genuine project exposure)
- Group Hospitalization Insurance
- Medical Expenses
- Training opportunities